Contact lenses and frame glasses are both tools for correcting vision, and both have advantages and disadvantages in use. Today, we mainly look at the advantages and disadvantages of contact lenses and glasses, so that everyone can better avoid eye damage caused by improper operation.
Contact lenses, also called contact lenses, are lenses that are worn on the cornea of the eye to correct vision or protect the eyes. According to the soft and hard of the material, it includes three kinds of rigid, semi-rigid and soft. Contact lenses not only bring great improvements to patients with refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism in terms of appearance and convenience. In addition, it has a wide field of vision and realistic vision. In addition, it also plays a special role in controlling adolescent myopia, astigmatism development, and treating special eye diseases.
Contact lens for people
1. People with high refractive error.
2. Astigmatism is up to 2.50D, and those with astigmatism lenses cannot be used.
3. Long wearers and those who wear longer daily.
4. Not suitable for wearing soft contact lenses due to stubborn lens precipitation or inflammation.
5. Patients with mild keratoconus.
6. People without phakic eyes (those who cannot implant an intraocular lens after cataract surgery).
7. Patients with mild dry eyes.
1. Good physiological compatibility makes long-term wearing of RGP lenses difficult to cause corneal hypertrophy and edema.
2. High oxygen permeability, not easy to cause hypoxia and dry eye, and will not cause changes in the number of corneal endothelial cells.
3. To prevent the deepening of myopia or astigmatism, vision correction is better than soft contact lenses.
4. Simple maintenance and long service life; with proper care, lenses can be used for up to 2-3 years.
5. Long-term use of lenses is cheap.
6. Long-term use can maintain the physical health of the cornea and high safety.
7. People with long-term hypoxia due to wearing soft contact lenses, congestion of the eyes, or new blood vessels, dry eyes, and poor vision correction may change to RGP lenses after the eyes are restored to health.
8. According to data at home and abroad, RGP lenses can effectively control the growth of myopia in adolescents.
9. For young wearers, you can avoid covering your eyes with spectacles, so you can use your eyes to communicate your thoughts and feelings.
10. The frame shape and edge width of frame glasses can often modify the face shape of the wearer, while contact lenses do not have this disadvantage.
11. For a long time, wearing glasses often causes the nose bridge to collapse, and the eyeballs are protruding. Wearing contact lenses can avoid this change.
The "discomfort" is strong when first strapping, and it takes about a week to get used to. And the unit price is high, it is not easy to match with ordinary optical shops. It takes time to maintain and clean contact lenses. Except for one-day disposables, other contact lenses need to be thoroughly cleaned after removal, and the cost of purchasing various types of medicines is also high. For people who do not wear contact lenses often, it takes time to put on and take off contact lenses, and the lenses are not as easy to put on and take off like frame glasses.
Complications caused by contact lenses:
Sensitive eyes dry eye keratitis conjunctivitis corneal injury corneal edema corneal ulcers giant papillary conjunctivitis corneal angiogenesis
Special features-UV protection
Anti-ultraviolet contact lenses can block 99% of harmful ultraviolet B and more than 80% of ultraviolet A by adding ultraviolet absorbing substances to the monomers of chemical raw materials. Ultraviolet rays can enter the eyes through the cornea and cause eye damage, such as cataract, snow blind Wait. Because the contact lens is close to the eyeball, light leakage around the frame lens is eliminated, which is suitable for various indoor and outdoor occasions. With better UV protection, eye health is more secure.https://www.gift-package.com/